Packing: It should be easy this time...

When I left on my last trip to New Zealand, I discovered that the airline baggage policy had changed and I was hit with excess baggage charges. So once again I was considering leaving my heavy wheeled bike bag at home and packing the bike in a cardboard box.

But just before I booked flights, the airline once again announced a change to baggage policy, which allows me to have an extra piece of luggage (23kg) for $25. This is a bargain compared to the $10kg excess baggage charge, and will let me use the wheeled bag and not have to be quite so scrupulous with my packing. So I'm very happy about that.

I have located a backpacker in Dunedin who will let me have a private room to assemble and store the bike, and will store the bike bag and any surplus gear while I'm on the road, so things are definitely coming together.


No comments:

Post a Comment