Time out: in Tekapo...

After yesterdays epic, I'm having a lay day in Lake Tekapo to get my laundry in order and to give my legs a rest, before heading down to the Tekapo Canal tomorrow and trying my luck with the fishing.

So today I occupied myself with chores, and a wander along the lake shores. It's such a scenic place, and I was happy to spend the time here after just a overnight visit last time here.

Today would have been a perfect cycling day - sunny, warm, and no wind. Here's hoping that tomorrow will bring more of the same.

A vertical turbine wheel from the hydro power station...

A scenic panorama of the lakeside...

View from my lunch spot...

Boofle has a natter with one of the locals...

The Church of the Good Shepherd is a local icon...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice day Ron. Is that the Rx100 panoramic?

    - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave, yes, I'm very pleased with the way it works - if you click on the picture you see the full-sized version.

    I took a few more today, as I've had the most glorious clear day with views of Aoraki Mt Cook like I've never seen in two previous visits.

    Cheers - hope you are enjoying the tour...

    ReplyDelete